Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mar 28

It is 1:30 pm and I'm already finished with rounds!  Richard took care of the male and children wards, so I only rounded in the female ward.  Everyone is doing well so it didn't take long.  And God has been good and we have had no more cholera cases.

There is a lot of unrest at the hospital.  Since this is an open blog, I can't describe what is happening.  Your prayers would be greatly appreciated.  Just pray for Dr. Jean and Bob, that God gives them wisdom.

Ghana fact...
It is very impolite to use your left hand.  Pastor Jonah told me yesterday that I needed to stop using my left hand to pass items to someone or to wave in greeting.  I'm basically doing to equivalent of flipping someone off.  This is a huge insult and unfortunately it has taken 2 weeks before anyone told me this. 

Today I was writing orders at the nurses station when I overheard one nurse say "She is using her left hand!"  Thankfully my friend Joseph was there and he said that I was left handed.  Since I'm completely left-hand dominant, I must say "excuse my left hand" anytime I used it to examine a patient or write.

You may wonder why the left hand is so insulting...the people do not use toilet paper.  They use their left hand for cleaning purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment